This week’s version of our favorites stems from my recent trip to Italy… There are actually eight items so I double the number of usual weekly favorites but I’m ok with this.
These are the items that I could not have made it without – yes, that dramatic. They are the edited down version of things I really used and was thankful for each and every one. Actual travel essentials.
- An over-sized scarf that can be used as a blanket on the plane, sarong on the beach and scarf when chilly. Be sure the one you choose for your trip that is the right weight and isn’t too bulky. Pictured: a Cynthia Vincent number that I have had for ages, but you can find great scarf/sarong/blankets all over if you keep you eye out for them.
- A cross body bag, with the right zippers and flaps so you are not an easy target for a pick pocket. It also should be small enough that if you carry on your luggage it can fit down in your “under the seat” bag. Pictured: a vintage Louis Vuitton from Tradesy.
- Travel size, Triple Sec 3-in-1 Spray by DryBar. This is the perfect product because it covers so many bases: texturizing, dry shampoo and volume. Check, check, check. Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1
- Emergen-C for when you feel a cold coming on or just need a little afternoon boost. Grant and I used all that I packed and we were so thankful for each one. Emergen-C Vitamin C Supplement
- Beautycounter Rose Water Spray. Another one product many uses item. This bottle of magic spritz (small enough to be travel approved) can be used as some necessary mid-flight hydration, an afternoon pick me up and a makeup setting spray. Beautycounter Rose Water Uplifting Spray
- Compeed Blister Cushions. These things are excellent. I am prone to blisters and we walked miles and miles every day but using these helped me not get a single one while we were overseas! Hooray! I am a fan. I wish they could stay on the back of my heels forever. Compeed Blister Cushions Extreme
- Beautycounter Protect Stick Sunscreen – This is the perfect sunscreen stick. I have melasma and most of the products I have tried in the past with zinc oxide have worked but have also made my face look a peculiar shade of cakey-white-blue (sounds just as awful as it looked). But not this little miracle stick! It goes on clear, and is not greasy at all. Plus I never got sunburned and none of my lovely brownish-grey spots of melsama reared their little heads. Winner. Beautycounter Protect Stick Sunscreen
- Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes – These have a nice scent and come in the correct size for travel without worrying about bulk or potential ooze of a facewash. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes